- Driver in critical condition after collision with bus on Vashon Highway
- Human remains found at Moran shrouded in mystery
- Do the Iron Horse! Photos from North Bend's Adventure Sport Fest
- Enumclaw Police Department drug take-back on Sept. 27
- Tahoma High School land sale gets ‘do pass’ from King County Council committee
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
World record set in Railroad Days 10K fun run—by an 8-year-old
An 8 year-old Redmond girl set a new world record in the Railroad Days 10K fun run Saturday. Amber Debu placed first in the 14 and under age division, with a time of 46:49.
World records are recorded by age, explained race organizer Sean Sundwall, and Debu's time the fastest recorded for an 8 year-old running a 10K race.
Debu was the 18th woman to finish the race, and the 63rd runner, overall. Her father, Marc Debu, finished 64th, one second behind her.