- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Auburn Dynamite beat California 3-0 in West Regionals Junior Softball first round
The Auburn Little League Junior Dynamite Fastpitch all-stars kicked off the Western Regional tournament with a 3-0 blanking against the Fontana, Calif.
Playing in Tucson, Ariz. on Thursday evening, the Dynamite rode the hot arm of pitcher Caitlyn Rhoades, who notched seven innings of shutout ball, giving up just five hits in a complete game.
Offensively, Brianna Azevedo had two hits with an RBI and Jillian Tinsley and Emily Bartholomew added an RBI each.
The win moves the Dynamite to the second round in the double-elimination tourney and a 7:30 p.m. Saturday game against Alaska.
The Alaskan all-stars beat Oregon 14-1 on Thursday.
The Western Regional continues through Aug. 8, with the winner moving on the Little League Junior Softball World Series in Kirkland.