- City to move large crane along Cedar River Trail Thursday morning
- Sold-out Twin Peaks Fest starts Friday in North Bend
- Past Tolt floodplain project untested, but working well for fish
- Time to vote: State, judge races on the Valley's August primary ballot
- Carnation barn inspires, hosts night of arts and dance
- UPDATE | All ferry service canceled on Bainbridge Island-Seattle ferry route
- UPDATE | Seven or more ferry sailings to be canceled due to Tacoma troubles
- Small fire at Kennydale Elementary School caused by fish tank filter
- Chamber executive director resigns
- Enumclaw City Council votes down Welcome Center
- About Us
Connect with Us
Kent to get indoor professional soccer team at ShoWare Center | Seattle Impact
Professional indoor soccer is coming to the ShoWare Center in Kent.
Seattle Impact FC announced Monday it will join the newly formed Major Arena Soccer League and play its home games at the ShoWare Center. The league will feature 24 teams in the U.S. and Mexico and start play in October.
The Impact plans an official announcement on Tuesday, July 8 at the city-owned ShoWare Center.
Dion Earl, of Kent, is the owner of the team. He grew up in Bellevue and graduated from Seattle Pacific University.
“My dreams of bringing a professional indoor soccer team to Seattle have become true," Earl said in a media release. “The time is right, with the great work that the Sounders do, coupled with the excitement of The World Cup, it just feels like the right time for us.
"We were able to work with the ShoWare Center management team and secure a lease with a world-class facility; doing that was the last piece of the puzzle. We are excited for this opportunity.”
Coaching staff and the administrative team will be announced at the Tuesday press conference. The schedule will be released in September. Each team will play 10 home games and 10 away games.
Open tryouts for players are set for 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on July 19-20 at the ShoWare. Register by emailing email@example.com.
Several teams are from the former Professional Arena Soccer League and the former Major Indoor Soccer League.