- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Kangs advance to state semifinals | Prep boys basketball
A big first half for the Lake Washington High School boys basketball team propelled the squad into the state semifinals Thursday, as they defeated Clarkston 52-48 in Yakima at the Sun Dome.
The Kangs will play at 9 p.m. Friday against Lynden for the right to advance to the state championship game at 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Lake Washington got of to a fast start on Thursday, taking a 20-13 lead during the first quarter and extending it to 38-19 by halftime.
That lead was enough to withstand a big comeback by Clarkston during the second half, as the Kangs scored just 14 points during the entire second half. Clarkston scored 15 during the third and 14 during the fourth quarter, but it was not enough to complete the comeback.
Lake Washington was led by Drew Heimdahl with 17 points, Jeff Staudacher with 14 points and Kelly Guy with 12 points.