- Update | Black Diamond Mayor Dave Gordon resigns | Gordon statement
- East Pierce Fire and Rescue working on potential flood areas
- Flooding causes employees, visitors evacuation Mount Rainier Park, Nisqually en...
- National Weather Service releases flood warning for King and Pierce counties
- Chinook and Cayuse passes closed for the winter | WSDOT
- REACH center to get $5,000 from county budget
- DUI emphasis begins Nov. 26 | Washington Traffic Safety Commission
- Former Puyallup superintendent Apostle to serve as Kent schools interim leader
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Auburn Mountainview earns trip to 3A regionals with 51-47 win over Bonney Lake | Prep girls basketball
Tenth-ranked Auburn Mountainview beat South Puget Sound League 3A rival Bonney Lake 51-47 in a West Central District III/Southwest District 4 girls basketball tournament elimination game at Clover Park High School on Saturday.
The Lions (20-5) earned a berth in the Hardwood Classic 3A Regional against No. 6 Sunnyside (17-3) at Eisenhower High School in Yakima. Tipoff is 6 p.m. this Saturday.
A regional win puts the Lions into the Hardwood Classic state playoffs, which begin March 6 at the Tacoma Dome.
Against Bonney Lake (18-8), Auburn Mountainview took a 29-20 first-half lead and held on despite a Panthers' surge in the fourth quarter.
Samantha DePiano led the Lions with 12 points, Briana Zaragoza-Jones added 10 and Allison Hammer scored nine points. Ellie Alfrey contributed eight points and Maddie Newell had six.
Payton Mitchell and Jessyka Seger each had 14 points to lead Bonney Lake.