- Driver seriously injured in accident with bus on Vashon Highway
- Human remains found at Moran shrouded in mystery
- Do the Iron Horse! Photos from North Bend's Adventure Sport Fest
- Enumclaw Police Department drug take-back on Sept. 27
- Tahoma High School land sale gets ‘do pass’ from King County Council committee
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Auburn Mountainview holds off Enumclaw 48-44 to remain undefeated in SPSL 3A | Prep girls basketball
Auburn Mountainview held of an upstart Enumclaw squad 48-44 Friday to remain undefeated in South Puget Sound League 3A play.
Entering the fourth quarter with a 33-32 lead, the Lions (6-0 league, 13-3 overall) added 15 points in the frame, while holding the Hornets (1-3, 6-9) to 12, to put away the game.
Senior Samantha DePiano had 13 points to pace Auburn Mountainview, with Allison Hammer adding 10 and Ellie Alfrey and Maddie Newell chipping in with seven points each.
Enumclaw was led by Kylie Rademacher's game-high 14 points, with Kimmy Aubuert and Sam Engebretson contributing 10 each.
The Lions will host SPSL 3A second-place Bonney Lake (5-1, 13-3) at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
ALSO: Auburn (0-13 SPSL North 4A, 1-14 overall) fell 63-19 to Kentridge (9-4, 11-6) on Friday. Seandalynn Faleagafulu, Latrice Johnson, Shani-Lynn Prater and Kassandra Stricklan each contributed four points for the Trojans. Courtnae Williams had a game-high 18 points for the Chargers. The Trojans will travel to Tahoma (7-6, 8-9) at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.