- Work to begin soon on Southcenter's 19-story tower, Washington Place
- Finally, a new school secretary contract: Union, District 410 ink deal a year af...
- September strides: Mount Si swim team makes progress as fall weather arrives | P...
- Multi-car accident reported on State Route 16
- Woman critically injured when hit by vehicle on Maple Valley Highway Monday nigh...
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Mount Si girls basketball team grows in experience, younger players stepping up
The Mount Si girls basketball team is learning how to deal with challenges this season. The team has had few wins, but a lot of players, especially younger ones, have been getting experience.
Junior forward Elizabeth Prewitt, on varsity since she started high school, has been the team's consistent shooter and scoring leader.
She scored 19 against Sammamish and had 11 rebounds, last Friday, Jan. 10.
Senior Post Annie Hiebert had 10 points.
Playing against Bellevue on Wednesday, Jan. 15, Mount Si fell, 77-33. Mount Si was closer on Friday, Jan. 17, ending 36-47 against Lake Washington. Sally Nelson and Prewitt both had eight points. Kylie McLaughlin added six, Annie Hiebert had seven boards and four points. Makayla Turpin had four points, and Mady Privatski,
Hayden Frederick and Emma Smith each scored two points.
Mount Si is 0-8 in conference, 2-12 overall.
The Wildcats visit Mercer Island at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22, then host Liberty at 6:30 p.m. next Friday, Jan. 24.
Mount Si girls ready for the game against Lake Washington.