- Healthy interest in Snoqualmie's new hospital: Board interviews seven would-be c...
- Sea-Tac man sentenced to a year in prison for operating 'crime-infested' Tukwila...
- Hwang named new Federal Way police chief
- King County closes Flood Warning Center as rivers drop following heavy rain
- Keiser, Orwall, Gregerson schedule telephone town hall for March 19
- About Us
Connect with Us
White River girls defeat Bremerton in West Central District basketball tournament
The White River High girls had little trouble winning their first West Central District tournament game, whipping Bremerton 64-33 Thursday night.
The game, played at Foss High in Tacoma, saw the Hornets race to a commanding lead during the opening quarters before coasting to the convincing win. Kennedy Hobert and Amanda Lance scored 19 points each to spearhead the offense.
Thursday's victory guaranteed White River's girls a berth in next week's regional round of the 16-team state tournament. Regionals will be played at three venues, with the eight-team finals to be contested at the SunDome in Yakima.
The next stop for the Hornets is a Saturday afternoon game against Port Angeles. The two will tip off at 2:20, again at Foss High. A Saturday victory would send White River to the district championship game, to be played at 10 a.m. Monday at Kent's ShoWare Center. A Saturday loss to the Roughriders would result in a 4 p.m. game Monday at Foss High to determine the No. 3 and No. 4 seeds from districts into regionals.