- TRAVEL ADVISORY | Two-boat service to return to Bainbridge route Wednesday morni...
- City to move large crane along Cedar River Trail Thursday morning
- Sold-out Twin Peaks Fest starts Friday in North Bend
- Past Tolt floodplain project untested, but working well for fish
- Time to vote: State, judge races on the Valley's August primary ballot
- Carnation barn inspires, hosts night of arts and dance
- UPDATE | All ferry service canceled on Bainbridge Island-Seattle ferry route
- UPDATE | Seven or more ferry sailings to be canceled due to Tacoma troubles
- Small fire at Kennydale Elementary School caused by fish tank filter
- Chamber executive director resigns
- Enumclaw City Council votes down Welcome Center
- About Us
Connect with Us
Auburn fends off Jefferson, stays tied atop SPSL North 4A | Boys basketball
With just two regular season games left, the Auburn boys basketball team is tied for first place in the South Puget Sound League North 4A race with rival Tahoma.
The Trojans improved to 11-3 in league, 12-6 overall, with a 65-59 road win over Jefferson (8-6, 9-9) on Friday.
Auburn overcame an early 19-11 deficit in the first quarter, outscoring the Raiders 39-34 in the second half to put away the win.
Senior Spencer Fisher led the Trojans with 21 points and 13 rebounds. Senior guard Harold Lee added 18 points and nine assists and junior Rio Paul had nine points, including 6 of 6 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter.
Daryon James' 16 points led the Raiders.
Auburn hosts Kentwood (6-8, 9-9) at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and closes out the regular season against Auburn Riverside (2-12, 4-14) at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Auburn High School.
ALSO: The Auburn Mountainview (6-2, 12-5) boys put away Lakes (5-3, 11-7) for the second time this season, 89-86, in SPSL 3A play at Lakes High School on Friday. Aarun Rumbaugh had a game- high 15 points for the Lions, with Keith Green adding 12 and JJ Lacey 11. Jordan Johnson led the Lancers with 14 points. Auburn Mountainview looks to maintain its hold on first-place with league games next week at Peninsula (2-6, 4-14) at 7 p.m. Tuesday and a 7:15 p.m. contest on Thursday against Decatur (4-4, 9-9) at Auburn Mountainview High School. ...
Auburn Riverside (2-12, 4-14) fell 80-72 to Mount Rainier (9-6, 11-8) in SPSL North 4A action at Auburn Riverside High School. Cody Crawford had 20 points for the Ravens with Derek Brown adding 17. The Rams were led by Caden Rowland's 25 points. Auburn Riverside travels to Kent-Meridian (9-5, 11-7) at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and takes on cross-town rival Auburn at 7:30 p.m. next Friday at Auburn High School.