- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
BOYS BASKETBALL: Beamer knocks off second-ranked Federal Way, 50-48 | PHOTOS
The Todd Beamer Titans just kept chipping away Friday night in a huge South Puget Sound League South Division matchup with Federal Way.
The Titans didn't panic when the second-ranked Eagles used a 23-3 run during the second quarter inside Beamer's gym to take a commanding 29-15 lead at halftime.
But the Titans (9-3 overall) just kept fighting and handed Federal Way its second loss in a row, 50-48. Beamer outscored the previously second-ranked Eagles, 35-19, in the third and fourth quarters. It was the Titans' third win of the season over a team currently ranked in the top-10. Beamer also beat third-ranked Garfield and 10th-ranked Emerald Ridge. (SEE PHOTOS)
The Beamer win tightens up the race for the prestigious SPSL South Division championship. Curtis leads the league with a 9-1 record with Federal Way right behind at 8-2. Emerald Ridge and Beamer both have three league losses and both also hold a win over the Eagles (11-2 overall).
Friday night, the Titans used suffocating defense in the second half, limiting the high-powered Federal Way offense to just 19 points in the third and fourth quarters.
Beamer was led by the 18 points of Bogdon Blivenyuk and 12 from Juwan Flowers. Federal Way got 12 points from Malik Montoya and 10 from Viont'e Daniels.
The Eagles were also playing with the trio of Brayon Blake, D'Londo Tucker and DeeShawn Tucker, who were suspended for disciplinary reasons during Federal Way's Jan. 8 loss to Emerald Ridge.
Jefferson — The Raiders (7-5 overall, 6-3 SPSL North) lost a tough one Friday night to the Kentridge Chargers on the road, 62-53. The loss kept TJ in a tie for third place in the SPSL South. Auburn leads the division with just one league loss.
Kentridge jumped out to a 36-20 lead at halftime and were never really threatened in the second half. Jefferson was led by 21 points from senior guard Daryon James and Josh Duckworth finished with 15 points.
Decatur — The Gators fell to .500 in the SPSL 3A Division with a 54-47 loss to the Enumclaw Hornets Friday night on the road.
The Gators (7-6 overall, 2-2 SPSL 3A) were outscored 30-15 in the second and third quarters. Jason Young led the way with 17 points and Kevin Locascio chipped in 10 for the Gators.
Check out a slideshow from the Beamer-Federal Way game below or click here.