- Pierce County Prosecutor charges man with assault of a child for Carbonado incid...
- Federal Way police arrest suspect in teen’s drive-by shooting death
- Take our Valentine's Day survey!
- State Patrol seeking information in highway robbery Jan. 24
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake strikes near Redmond
- Police release sketch of home invasion suspect
- Washington State Patrol seeks information on SR 18 robbery and assault
- Threats made at city establishment | Buckley Police
- Man sentenced to nearly 70 years for murder at former Federal Way bar parking lo...
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Auburn holds off Olympia 41-38 to earn first-round state berth | Prep football
The Auburn Trojans managed to fend off Olympia's late surge Saturday to earn a 41-38 district playoff win at Auburn Memorial Stadium.
The Trojans advanced to a first-round state 4A playoff game against Eastmont (8-2) in Wenatchee, with date and time to be determined.
The Bears (4-6 overall) scored the final two touchdowns in the game, but failed to recover an onside kick in the final minutes of the game.
The Trojans (8-2) were buoyed by the return of junior quarterback Brier Atkinson and senior halfback Harold Lee, who both returned from injuries suffered against Federal Way on Oct. 19.
Lee finished the game with 88 yards total offense, with Atkinson chipping in with 110 yards and a rushing touchdown for the Trojans.
Senior Darnell Hagans added 100 yards rushing with two touchdowns.
Tj Mua, Demontra McNealy and Kevin Shelton each added rushing touchdowns for Auburn.