- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Seahawks make a splash with quarterback signing | Voice of Sports
The Seattle Seahawks made a splash in free agency Sunday, possibly landing its franchise quarterback.
Matt Flynn former backup for current NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers reportedly signed a three year $26 million contract with $10 million guaranteed. According to Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll, Flynn won’t be handed the reigns. He will have to compete to win the job against last year’s starter Tarvaris Jackson.
Flynn definitely has potential. In one game this past season against the playoff
bound Detroit Lions, he threw for 480 yards, six touchdowns and one interception on 31 of 44 passing, which equals a 136.4 quarterback rating. The highest possible QB rating is 158.3 in the NFL.
Over his career he has attempted 132 passes and completed 82, which is a completion percentage of about 62.1. He has thrown for 1,015 yards and has a 9-5 touchdown to interception ratio, while averaging about 12.4 yards per completion.
He doesn’t have much experience under center in the NFL, but that is why we only signed him for 10 million guaranteed. The potential he has shown during his brief NFL career and especially in the game against the Lions has caused much of the NFL to take notice.
Flynn was the free agent quarterback everyone wanted before Peyton Manning became available. Once Miami and Seattle realized they were on the outside looking in with the Peyton Manning sweepstakes they both moved aggressively to schedule a visit with Matt Flynn.
He came to Seattle first and reportedly left to visit Miami without a contract offer from the Hawks, but according to the Seattle brass they were confident they could and would outbid Miami for his services if needed.