- White River girls win close game at state | Girls State Basketball Tournament
- White River boys lose to Mark Morris | Boys State Basketball Tournament
- She's after him with a hatchet; Bear scare is actually raccoon | Snoqualmie Vall...
- Inglemoor to play for fourth in state tomorrow morning | Prep girls basketball
- 2014 Northwest Region Sport Stacking Championships at Auburn High School Saturda...
- About Us
Connect with Us
Eagles showed good sportsmanship against Auburn | Letters
Amid the high profile of Friday night's game between the Federal Way Eagles and the Auburn Trojans, there was more than a great game of football that was won by the Federal Way Eagles.
Coming in undefeated to this non-league game, Federal Way stepped out on the field and was unstoppable. Early in the second quarter, Harold Lee, one of the star players for Auburn High School, was injured on a kick-off return. He was later carted off the field and taken by ambulance to the hospital.
Our Federal Way Eagles showed the highest level of sportsmanship that exceeded expectations. This team first took a knee when they saw that the Trojan was down on the field. They stayed in that position of respect for about 20 minutes.
Before they started warming up again, they took a knee for a player-led prayer for the opposing injured player. Never once did they stop showing their sportsmanship.
At halftime and after another Trojan was sent to the hospital, the Federal Way Eagle players were booed by the opposing fans.
I am very proud to be an Eagle fan because of the high level of sportsmanship displayed at every game by our Eagles. Thank you Eagle coaching staff, and thank you administration staff, for always keeping sportsmanship at the forefront of every student athlete and student fan.
The Eagles won more than just a football game. They won the respect of all of the fans that were supporting them at the game.
Heather Hurley, Federal Way