- Cold weather shelters open throughout King County
- Kent severe weather shelter open through Sunday evening
- Search for wanted felon in Renton
- Kentridge senior ranks at top of the world in calculus
- Renton severe weather shelter to be open through the weekend and early next week
- Aerospace Training Center gets full funding from legislature
- Freezing temperatures, wind in forecast for Plateau
- Chinook Pass closed for the season
- Federal Way woman missing after possibly responding to Craigslist ad | Photos
- About Us
Connect with Us
Sound Publishing wins three SNA awards for Web projects
The awards were announced May 14 and, for Sound, included first place wins in:
- PNWAutos.com (Best Classified Site/Vertical All Circulation Classes)
- Winter snow storm coverage (Best Collaborative Project All Circulation Classes)
- WSDOT begins I-90 work to repair deteriorating expansion joints (Best Video Initiative Class C)
The annual awards "commemorate excellence in online media" and represent "the top Web initiatives from community and suburban newspapers," according to SNA's Web site.
The wins come about a year after Sound rolled out an overhaul of its 30-some community news sites, as well as a redesign of its PNWAutos.com site. A focus on video and link journalism has intensified during the past 12 months, as Sound has continually added new features to their community news sites.
Sound Publishing, Inc. is the largest publisher of community and suburban newspapers in Washington and is also one of the area’s largest commercial Web printers. The company operates 30 community and suburban newspapers, two monthly business journals, and 18 Little Nickel and Nickel Ads weekly shoppers throughout Washington and Oregon. Sound also operates web printing facilities in Everett and Bainbridge Island and publishes two editions of the Northwest Navigator for the U.S. Navy.
All of the 2009 winners can be viewed on this PDF document.