- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Classes begin next week for Valley students
Classes start throughout the Riverview School District on Tuesday, Sept. 2, and in the Snoqualmie Valley School District on Wednesday, Sept. 3.
Orientation began last week at many Valley schools, and is still going in the Upper Valley. At Chief Kanim Middle School, seventh graders are scheduled for 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, Aug. 27 and eighth graders are on for 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 28. A barbecue lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. each day.
Elementary school students in Snoqualmie Valley can meet their teachers on Tuesday, Sept. 2. Events are planned for 2:30 p.m. at Fall City Elementary, 1:30 p.m. for Opstad students in grades 1 to 5, 1:30 p.m. at Snoqualmie Elementary and 3 p.m. at North Bend Elementary. Opstad will host a Kindergarten orientation at 3:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5. Kindergarten and pre-school classes start Monday, Sept. 8.
All Snoqualmie Valley District elementary school offices will open for the school year on Wednesday, Aug. 27. Mount Si High School freshmen have a first-day-of-school orientation, starting at 7:35 a.m., Sept. 3, in the gym on the main campus. Upperclassmen will start classes at 10:40 a.m., but only for the first day of school.
In the lower Valley, Stillwater Elementary School hosts a Meet your Teacher event 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 29.