- Woman assaulted on Redmond Way, police working to identify suspect
- Maple Valley man killed in early morning collision with Metro bus on SR 169
- Impounded vehicle may be connected to double-homicide in Bremerton
- Federal Way school board to select new superintendent tonight
- Federal Way Councilman Moore drops out of 30th District race, endorses Hickel
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Classes begin next week for Valley students
Classes start throughout the Riverview School District on Tuesday, Sept. 2, and in the Snoqualmie Valley School District on Wednesday, Sept. 3.
Orientation began last week at many Valley schools, and is still going in the Upper Valley. At Chief Kanim Middle School, seventh graders are scheduled for 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, Aug. 27 and eighth graders are on for 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 28. A barbecue lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. each day.
Elementary school students in Snoqualmie Valley can meet their teachers on Tuesday, Sept. 2. Events are planned for 2:30 p.m. at Fall City Elementary, 1:30 p.m. for Opstad students in grades 1 to 5, 1:30 p.m. at Snoqualmie Elementary and 3 p.m. at North Bend Elementary. Opstad will host a Kindergarten orientation at 3:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5. Kindergarten and pre-school classes start Monday, Sept. 8.
All Snoqualmie Valley District elementary school offices will open for the school year on Wednesday, Aug. 27. Mount Si High School freshmen have a first-day-of-school orientation, starting at 7:35 a.m., Sept. 3, in the gym on the main campus. Upperclassmen will start classes at 10:40 a.m., but only for the first day of school.
In the lower Valley, Stillwater Elementary School hosts a Meet your Teacher event 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 29.