- 'No' votes lead 'yes' votes in Redmond proposition early results
- Elections night primary results for Bothell City Council
- Pierce County primary election results | Carbonado, Charter Review, Port
- Severns, Campbell moving ahead to general election
- Covington Water District primary election results
- Kent-area Primary election results chart
- Budell, Bhullar lead Kent City Council race | Primary Election
- Smith leads in Primary Election for Bainbridge Island School Board
- Former Algona Police Lt. Lee Gaskill charged with first-degree theft and abuse o...
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Classes begin next week for Valley students
Classes start throughout the Riverview School District on Tuesday, Sept. 2, and in the Snoqualmie Valley School District on Wednesday, Sept. 3.
Orientation began last week at many Valley schools, and is still going in the Upper Valley. At Chief Kanim Middle School, seventh graders are scheduled for 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, Aug. 27 and eighth graders are on for 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 28. A barbecue lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. each day.
Elementary school students in Snoqualmie Valley can meet their teachers on Tuesday, Sept. 2. Events are planned for 2:30 p.m. at Fall City Elementary, 1:30 p.m. for Opstad students in grades 1 to 5, 1:30 p.m. at Snoqualmie Elementary and 3 p.m. at North Bend Elementary. Opstad will host a Kindergarten orientation at 3:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5. Kindergarten and pre-school classes start Monday, Sept. 8.
All Snoqualmie Valley District elementary school offices will open for the school year on Wednesday, Aug. 27. Mount Si High School freshmen have a first-day-of-school orientation, starting at 7:35 a.m., Sept. 3, in the gym on the main campus. Upperclassmen will start classes at 10:40 a.m., but only for the first day of school.
In the lower Valley, Stillwater Elementary School hosts a Meet your Teacher event 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 29.