- Farm Forum draws 200 people to boost agriculture business
- Mother and young daughter found dead near Bonney Lake | Apparent murder-suicide
- Medication for mission burglarized from Tanya and Nelson Amador | Maple Valley C...
- Kentwood boys make state eight after beating Camas | 4A State Basketball Tournam...
- At least they take someone’s advice | Living with Gleigh
- Sumner girls end season losing to West Seattle | Regional Basketball Playoffs
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Coulon Park swimming beach closed due to high levels of bacteria
City officials on Friday closed the swimming beach at Gene Coulon Beach Park after King County Public Health Department Officials officials advised of "higher than standard levels of bacteria present," according to a press release.
The beach remains closed as of early Saturday afternoon, according to the King County beaches website and will remain closed until further notice.
City of Renton has posted signs advising people to stay out of the water at the swim beach. Lifeguards will be on site from noon to 8:00 pm to let people know the swimming area is closed. The city will reopen the beach when it is determined that the levels have returned to normal.
Kennydale Beach will remain open.
For more information visit http://green.kingcounty.gov/swimbeach/default.aspx