- Cougar sighted near Maywood Middle School
- Kent Regional Fire Authority investigating Covington house fire
- Young woman dies in hospital after accident with bus on Vashon Highway
- Employee stabs co-worker at north Kent business
- Kent City Council dumps proposal to pay for railroad-grade separations
- Microsoft eliminates 2,100 jobs today, including 747 in Washington state
- Kent Police confiscate $1.5 million worth of marijuana at vacant West Hill home
- Man pointing gun at women | Buckley Police
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Chelley Patterson sworn in to Snoqualmie City Council
The Snoqualmie City Council appointed Chelley Patterson to City Council Position no. 2, which was previously held by Jeff MacNichols. He resigned in May due to a family relocation outside of Snoqualmie. Patterson was one of six Snoqualmie residents who applied for the position and were interviewed by council members. By a unanimous vote of the council, Patterson will serve as council member until the term expiration of December 31, 2015. She may choose to run for election in 2015 to extend her term by another four years.
Patterson is a 13-year resident of Snoqualmie and has served on the city parks board for more than six years. She also serves on the Snoqualmie Valley YMCA Board of Directors and the Encompass Board of Directors.
“It is exciting to think about the possibilities for Snoqualmie in the years ahead and I am ready to play a more significant role in shaping the destiny of our city,” states Patterson. “I care deeply about the place and people of Snoqualmie and making it the best it can be.” She was sworn in July 28.