- Green River College pays $286K settlement in Ely’s resignation
- Burton Hill Farm recalls raw goat's milk due to E. coli
- Choochokam is off; organizers confirm 2016 event scrubbed for logistical challen...
- Hiding under clothes| Bonney Lake Police Blotter
- Theft by teens| Bonney Lake Police Blotter
- Damage by BB gun| Bonney Lake police blotter
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Firefighters douse apartment fire, remove woman | King County Fire District 28
King County Fire District 28 firefighters responded Saturday afternoon to a second-floor apartment fire in the 2000 block of Cole Street. The woman living in the Enumclaw apartment was transported to Harborview Medical Center. Two dogs living in the apartment died.
Firefighter Joe Otto, the acting captain on the scene, said the call was received at 4:37 p.m.
Otto said a neighbor heard the woman’s fire alarm, smelled smoke and called 911.
Four firefighters arrived on the scene at 4:42. Otto said two firefighters went inside, located the woman in a bedroom and brought her out in four minutes. Otto and the other firefighter gave medical aid to the woman while the other two firefighters went back into the apartment to extinguish the blaze.
The fire was out in 13 minutes from the time the firefighters arrived.
Otto said when the firefighters arrived there was “light smoke” coming from the second-floor bedroom window.
According to Otto the cause of the fire was accidental. The investigators found cigarettes and oxygen in the bedroom and that is believed to be the cause of the fire.
The apartment damage is estimated at about $20,000.
Otto said it is important for all to remember to change the batteries in smoke alarms. Because the neighbor heard the alarm and called 911, firefighters were able to get to the scene quickly.