- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Kirkland man struck and killed by truck in Everett
The Everett Police Department is investigating a fatal collision involving a Kirkland man crossing the roadway in a crosswalk.
Just before 11 a.m. this morning, witnesses called 911 to report a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle in the intersection of Everett Ave and Wetmore Ave. Police and Fire units responded and found the 67-year-old man to be seriously injured.
Officers secured the scene while firefighters rendered aid and transported the man to Providence Medical Center Everett - Colby campus. A short while later, the man died from injuries incurred during the collision.
Witnesses indicate the man was in the northbound crosswalk on Wetmore Avenue when he was struck by a vehicle turning eastbound onto Everett Avenue from southbound Wetmore Avenue. The victim's name has not been released.
The driver of the 2003 Chevy Silverado, a 57 year-old Everett man, remained at the scene.
Traffic detectives are investigating the fatality.