- Ready for anything: Former Snoqualmie mayor Fuzzy Fletcher goes into the disast...
- Alpine Lake expansion takes strong step toward reality
- Three suspended license arrests | Buckley Police
- Auburn traffic advisory: 8th Street NE/Lea Hill Road at 104th Avenue SE
- Police arrest Federal Way suspect in connection with five bank robberies
- About Us
Connect with Us
Victim's wife identified as suspect in case of man set on fire
Renton police have identified Tatanysha M. Hedman as a suspect in Wednesday's domestic violence incident in which a man was doused with gasoline and lit on fire.
At about 8 a.m. Wednesday, a 52-year-old Renton man walked into a store and asked the clerk to call for medical aid. Deputies and paramedics learned that a woman had poured gasoline on the man and then lit him on fire at a Renton apartment.
The victim suffered serious, but not life-threatening injuries. He was transported to Harborview Medical Center and remains hospitalized.
Further investigation by Renton Police identified the vitcim's wife, Hedman, 40, as the main suspect.
According to police, Hedman fled the apartment before police responded and has not yet been located.
Hedman is described as a light-skinned African-American female, 5 feet tall and 170 pounds. She may be driving an older, red pickup truck or possibly a 1970's vintage Chevrolet.
Anyone with information about the Hedman is asked to call 911 or contact the Renton Police Department at 425-430-7500 and reference case no. 14-7998.