- Tacoma father charged for spiking son’s bottle with ketamine | Pierce County Pro...
- Kirkland firefighter's involvement in prostitution ring leads to arrest of alleg...
- Federal Way man accused of threatening to kill president competent to stand tria...
- That was fun... Let's do it again! | SEAHAWKS SPECIAL SECTION
- Enumclaw Street Fair schedule | Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Scottish Highland Games and Clan Gathering at Expo Center
- Multiple violations | Buckley Police News
- Emergency diaper drive today for Washington families affected by fires
- Couple loses everything in fire except what they 'really care about'
- About Us
Connect with Us
Renton man lit on fire in domestic violence incident
A Renton man received serious burns Wednesday morning after a woman poured gasoline on him and lit him ablaze.
According to police, a 52-year-old Renton man walked into a store at about 8 a.m. Wednesday and asked the store clerk to call for medical aid. Responding deputies and paramedics learned that a woman had poured gasoline on the man and had then lit him on fire. The victim had suffered serious but not life threatening burns, and was transported to Harborview Medical Center.
King County Sheriff’s Deputies were initially sent to the store, but were able to determine that the actual assault had occurred at a nearby Renton apartment complex.
Renton police determined that the suspect had a significant relationship to the victim; other than the 40-year-old suspect, police are not seeking anyone else in this assault.
If you have any information about this crime, please call 9-1-1 or contact the Renton Police Department at 425-430-7500 reference case number 14-7998.