- Pierce County Prosecutor charges man with assault of a child for Carbonado incid...
- Federal Way police arrest suspect in teen’s drive-by shooting death
- Take our Valentine's Day survey!
- State Patrol seeking information in highway robbery Jan. 24
- Police release sketch of home invasion suspect
- Washington State Patrol seeks information on SR 18 robbery and assault
- Threats made at city establishment | Buckley Police
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
King County urges residents to prepare for weekend heat wave
King County is preparing for an expected heat wave this weekend.
The National Weather Service issued an excessive heat advisory for high humidity and temperatures in the 90s over the next several days.
Because many homes in the region do not have air conditioning, there is a significantly greater risk of heat-related illnesses, particularly for older adults, young children, people who take certain medication, people with mental-health needs and others.
King County has created a webpage that compiles information about burn bans and alerts, available resources and tips for residents and pet owners.
For more information, visit the King County webpage.