- Black Diamond City Council plans to appoint mayor at Monday special meeting
- With temperature set to drop, city will open Cold Weather Shelter this weekend
- Search called off after police determine no child was involved in Cedar River in...
- North Bend Council takes no property tax hike for 2015
- Chevron employee removed from under SUV | Taken to Harborview in serious conditi...
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
King County urges residents to prepare for weekend heat wave
King County is preparing for an expected heat wave this weekend.
The National Weather Service issued an excessive heat advisory for high humidity and temperatures in the 90s over the next several days.
Because many homes in the region do not have air conditioning, there is a significantly greater risk of heat-related illnesses, particularly for older adults, young children, people who take certain medication, people with mental-health needs and others.
King County has created a webpage that compiles information about burn bans and alerts, available resources and tips for residents and pet owners.
For more information, visit the King County webpage.