- Kent Police detain two men in connection with South 212th shooting deaths | Upda...
- Police seek masked man who robbed downtown bank
- Enumclaw trainer Chris Stenslie enters Dontmesswithkitten in Longacres Mile | E...
- First retail sales taxes on recreational marijuana due Aug. 25 | Washington Depa...
- Enumclaw’s Forza sisters making their mark
- City of Enumclaw seeks opinions for road funding
- World record set in Railroad Days 10K fun run—by an 8-year-old
- Chief for a day: Snoqualmie Police honor boy, 6, battling illness
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Exessive Heat Watch for Plateau area | National Weather Service
The National Weather Service has release an excessive heat watch warning through July 13 with temperatures expected to reach 90 Saturday and 89 Sunday.
URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SEATTLE WA 441 AM PDT FRI JUL 11 2014 WAZ507-509-555-556-558-559-112330- /O.CON.KSEW.EH.A.0001.140712T1800Z-140714T0600Z/ EVERETT AND VICINITY-TACOMA AREA-EAST PUGET SOUND LOWLANDS- BELLEVUE AND VICINITY-SEATTLE AND VICINITY-BREMERTON AND VICINITY- 441 AM PDT FRI JUL 11 2014 ...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING... * TIMING...THE WEEKEND WILL BE QUITE WARM. HIGH TEMPERATURES NEAR 90 WILL CONTINUE AFTER THE WEEKEND AS WELL...POSSIBLY THROUGH MID WEEK. * TEMPERATURE...HIGHS ON BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY WILL BE IN THE UPPER 80S TO LOW 90S. OVERNIGHT LOWS WILL LIKELY NOT FALL MUCH BELOW 65 DEGREES. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH MEANS THAT A PROLONGED PERIOD OF HOT TEMPERATURES IS EXPECTED. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A DANGEROUS SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS...STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM...STAY OUT OF THE SUN...AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.