- Inslee comes to Kent's Oberto headquarters to pump up transportation package
- Detectives find what appears to be human remains along Frager Road in Kent
- Port Orchard man arrested in Belfair homicide
- Two arrested for burglary
- Kirkland high school lacrosse teams to face off in state finals Sunday
- One arrested in early Thursday shooting at apartment complex
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Wife who claims she fatally stabbed husband on accident released from jail
A Federal Way woman who told police she fatally stabbed her husband in the chest on accident will be released from jail today.
Authorities “are not making an immediate charging decision in this case and she’ll be released, pending further investigation,” said Dan Donahoe, spokesman for the King County Prosecutor’s Office.
The 50-year-old woman was arrested on July 2 after she called 911 to report that she accidentally stabbed her husband, 52-year-old Eric C. Winters. She told police she picked up a knife to cut frozen chicken for dinner and when Winters walked up behind her she stabbed him, according to probable cause documents.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled Winters’s death a homicide and he died of stab wounds to his chest.
The couple’s 18-year-old son told police he heard the couple arguing and came out of his bedroom to see his mother holding a knife, the documents continue. He said he tried to separate the couple but his stepdad went around him.
Initially, a judge found probable cause on Saturday to hold her in jail during the investigation of second-degree murder, setting her bail at $500,000.