- TRAVEL ADVISORY | Two-boat service to return to Bainbridge route Wednesday morni...
- City to move large crane along Cedar River Trail Thursday morning
- Sold-out Twin Peaks Fest starts Friday in North Bend
- Past Tolt floodplain project untested, but working well for fish
- Time to vote: State, judge races on the Valley's August primary ballot
- Carnation barn inspires, hosts night of arts and dance
- UPDATE | All ferry service canceled on Bainbridge Island-Seattle ferry route
- UPDATE | Seven or more ferry sailings to be canceled due to Tacoma troubles
- Small fire at Kennydale Elementary School caused by fish tank filter
- Chamber executive director resigns
- Enumclaw City Council votes down Welcome Center
- About Us
Connect with Us
Update | Small plane crash near Bonney Lake - pilot not injured | East Pierce Fire and Rescue
Update: Pilot found by East Pierce firefighters. He was evaluated and was not injured. Airplane located and there was no fire hazard. The crew is now clearing the scene.
East Pierce Fire and Rescue firefighters are responding to multiple reports of a single engine, small plane crash in the area of 21600 block of Connells Prairie Road East between Bonney Lake and Buckley
Multiple witnesses saw a small plane circling followed by an explosion before it disappeared into a wooded area at about 6:30 p.m.
Crews are searching the woods between 224th Av E and Connells Prairie Road East.
Early report is pilot is OK and is making his way out of wooded area. Witnesses are reported to have talked to the man by phone and he stated he was not injured.
Firefighters from East Pierce Fire and Rescue are making their way to the pilot. They will check on the pilot and confirm there is no fire at the crash site.
Pierce County Sheriff's deputies are also on scene.
The story will be updated as information is received.