- Hood Canal crash update: Debris believed to be from small plane
- Public Health closes Federal Way food establishment
- Karasek pleads not guilty to shooting and killing father
- Search continues for possible crashed airplane in Hood Canal | Update
- Hundreds rally for Seahawks at The Landing | SLIDESHOW
- Police searching for 'person of interest' after Saturday home invasion and attac...
- Ex-treasurer pleads not guilty to stealing Kent Little League funds
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Update | Small plane crash near Bonney Lake - pilot not injured | East Pierce Fire and Rescue
Update: Pilot found by East Pierce firefighters. He was evaluated and was not injured. Airplane located and there was no fire hazard. The crew is now clearing the scene.
East Pierce Fire and Rescue firefighters are responding to multiple reports of a single engine, small plane crash in the area of 21600 block of Connells Prairie Road East between Bonney Lake and Buckley
Multiple witnesses saw a small plane circling followed by an explosion before it disappeared into a wooded area at about 6:30 p.m.
Crews are searching the woods between 224th Av E and Connells Prairie Road East.
Early report is pilot is OK and is making his way out of wooded area. Witnesses are reported to have talked to the man by phone and he stated he was not injured.
Firefighters from East Pierce Fire and Rescue are making their way to the pilot. They will check on the pilot and confirm there is no fire at the crash site.
Pierce County Sheriff's deputies are also on scene.
The story will be updated as information is received.