- Woman assaulted on Redmond Way, police working to identify suspect
- Federal Way school board to select new superintendent tonight
- Maple Valley man killed in early morning collision with Metro bus on SR 169
- Impounded vehicle may be connected to double-homicide in Bremerton
- Federal Way Councilman Moore drops out of 30th District race, endorses Hickel
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Update | Small plane crash near Bonney Lake - pilot not injured | East Pierce Fire and Rescue
Update: Pilot found by East Pierce firefighters. He was evaluated and was not injured. Airplane located and there was no fire hazard. The crew is now clearing the scene.
East Pierce Fire and Rescue firefighters are responding to multiple reports of a single engine, small plane crash in the area of 21600 block of Connells Prairie Road East between Bonney Lake and Buckley
Multiple witnesses saw a small plane circling followed by an explosion before it disappeared into a wooded area at about 6:30 p.m.
Crews are searching the woods between 224th Av E and Connells Prairie Road East.
Early report is pilot is OK and is making his way out of wooded area. Witnesses are reported to have talked to the man by phone and he stated he was not injured.
Firefighters from East Pierce Fire and Rescue are making their way to the pilot. They will check on the pilot and confirm there is no fire at the crash site.
Pierce County Sheriff's deputies are also on scene.
The story will be updated as information is received.