- Kent Police detain two men in connection with South 212th shooting deaths | Upda...
- Police seek masked man who robbed downtown bank
- Enumclaw trainer Chris Stenslie enters Dontmesswithkitten in Longacres Mile | E...
- First retail sales taxes on recreational marijuana due Aug. 25 | Washington Depa...
- Enumclaw’s Forza sisters making their mark
- City of Enumclaw seeks opinions for road funding
- World record set in Railroad Days 10K fun run—by an 8-year-old
- Chief for a day: Snoqualmie Police honor boy, 6, battling illness
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Federal Way woman arrested for fatally stabbing husband in chest
A 50-year-old woman was arrested for stabbing her 52-year-old husband to death at their Federal Way home Wednesday evening.
Federal Way police were called to the residence in the 3800 block of SW 339th St. at around 7:27 p.m., but by the time they arrived he had already died. The woman had stabbed him in the chest.
Cathy Schrock, spokeswoman for the Federal Way Police Department, said the initial 911 call indicated she had accidentally stabbed him.
But she was booked into SCORE or King County Jail on suspicion of second-degree murder after police interviewed her at the scene.
The two were having a verbal argument just before the man was stabbed, Schrock said.
There’s no prior Federal Way domestic violence charges for the couple.
The woman’s 18-year-old son was present during the stabbing, Schrock said, although it’s unknown at this time whether he witnessed the crime.
“There was some reports he was taken out in handcuffs, purely for safety reasons. There are no charges against him,” Schrock said. “He probably got heated when he realized his mom was going to be arrested.”
Detectives are currently at the scene of the crime continuing their investigation.
The Mirror will update this report as more information becomes available.