- Woman assaulted on Redmond Way, police working to identify suspect
- Federal Way school board to select new superintendent tonight
- Maple Valley man killed in early morning collision with Metro bus on SR 169
- Impounded vehicle may be connected to double-homicide in Bremerton
- Federal Way Councilman Moore drops out of 30th District race, endorses Hickel
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Anchor recovery is underway off Central Whidbey
Anchor Ventures LLC, the group of history hunters seeking to recover an anchor they believe is from the historic exploration of the Pacific Northwest's waterways by English explorer George Vancouver will begin their operation today around noon off the west side of Central Whidbey Island.
Record editor Justin Burnett was invited to join them as they haul it up using a specially crafted cradle. Divers will connect a barge-crane's hook to the cradle which is about a half-mile from the beach near the Ledgewood neighborhood and north of Lake Hancock in Greenbank.
There is a dive boat with a dive team, two large boats with the Seattle Times and a documentary crew, a sailboat and a pair of run-abouts.
One possible viewing location is the Ledgewood beach.