- Kent Police detain two men in connection with South 212th shooting deaths | Upda...
- Police seek masked man who robbed downtown bank
- Enumclaw trainer Chris Stenslie enters Dontmesswithkitten in Longacres Mile | E...
- First retail sales taxes on recreational marijuana due Aug. 25 | Washington Depa...
- Enumclaw’s Forza sisters making their mark
- City of Enumclaw seeks opinions for road funding
- World record set in Railroad Days 10K fun run—by an 8-year-old
- Chief for a day: Snoqualmie Police honor boy, 6, battling illness
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
King County re-opens West Valley Highway South in Pacific, Algona
The King County Road Services department Thursday re-opened the section of West Valley Highway South in Pacific and Algona that had been closed ever since Feb. 17.
Algona and King County share the two-lane road, which runs into the heart of Pacific. Landslides frequently strike it, including the one on Feb. 17 that brought tons of dirt, mud and debris down from the west valley ridge.
West Valley Highway - a frequently-used arterial that relieves pressure on State route 167 – is now open for it's entire length.