- Renton woman lit husband on fire because shooting would be 'too nice'
- Federal charges filed in hash oil apartment explosion on Kirkland, Kenmore bound...
- Sidney Rice retires from Seahawks
- Federal charges filed in has oil apartment explosion on Kirkland, Kenmore bounda...
- Kent woman among three arrested for providing material support to foreign terror...
- Officers investigate numerous thefts | Police blotter for July 16-22
- About Us
Connect with Us
Daytime closure planned this Wednesday for Griffin Avenue through downtown Enumclaw
Drivers who use state Route 164 or Griffin Avenue through downtown Enumclaw should be prepared for an eastbound daytime closure Wednesday, June 4.
Eastbound SR 164 between 244th Avenue Southeast and Cole Street will close Wednesday, June 4 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. so contractor crews can upgrade pedestrian ramps and grind down old concrete in preparation for paving. Drivers will follow a signed detour south on 244th Avenue Southeast, east on Southeast 448th Street, and north on Cole Street back to SR 164. Westbound traffic will not be affected by the closure.
This work is part of the SR 164 Highpoint Street to SR 410 paving and signalization project. Contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will repave about 1.5 miles of SR 164, upgrade 90 pedestrian sidewalk ramps, and install a new traffic signal at the intersection of SR 410 and Watson Street.
Work on this $3.2 million project is expected to be complete by early fall.