- Farm Forum draws 200 people to boost agriculture business
- Mother and young daughter found dead near Bonney Lake | Apparent murder-suicide
- Medication for mission burglarized from Tanya and Nelson Amador | Maple Valley C...
- Kentwood boys make state eight after beating Camas | 4A State Basketball Tournam...
- At least they take someone’s advice | Living with Gleigh
- Sumner girls end season losing to West Seattle | Regional Basketball Playoffs
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Renton woman arrested after robbing two banks in two days
Renton Police on Friday arrested a woman believed to have robbed two banks in two days last week.
At 10:16 a.m. Friday, Renton Police were dispatched to a Chase Bank branch inside the Downtown Renton Fred Meyer store. Employees there reported that a Black female, around 25 years old, had presented a demand note to a teller, but had fled empty-handed when the teller did not immediately surrender money to her.
Minutes later, Police received a call from the nearby Alaska Federal Credit Union branch inside the Downtown Renton Safeway store. This branch was robbed on Thursday morning by a woman employees believed was back in line at the teller window.
That woman fled into the parking lot, but was apprehended after a foot chase.
Investigation showed that she was the suspect from the Chase robbery attempt and was the same suspect who had robbed the Alaska Credit Union the day before.
The suspect, a 26-year-old Renton woman, was booked for Investigation of Robbery in the First Degree. Anyone with further information regarding these cases is asked to call the Renton Police at 425-430-7500, and refer to cases 14-5953 (the Alaska Credit Union robbery), and 14-5989 (The Chase Bank robbery attempt).