- Update | Black Diamond Mayor Dave Gordon resigns | Gordon statement
- East Pierce Fire and Rescue working on potential flood areas
- Flooding causes employees, visitors evacuation Mount Rainier Park, Nisqually en...
- National Weather Service releases flood warning for King and Pierce counties
- Chinook and Cayuse passes closed for the winter | WSDOT
- REACH center to get $5,000 from county budget
- DUI emphasis begins Nov. 26 | Washington Traffic Safety Commission
- Snoqualmie River hitting flood stage today, Floodzilla warns
- Former Puyallup superintendent Apostle to serve as Kent schools interim leader
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Two killed, one injured at Wilkeson logging site
East Pierce Fire and Rescue responded to a crash at a logging site near Wilkeson Thursday night. At 10:47 p.m., a Wilkeson resident reported an injured man had come down from the woods saying he and two others had were in an accident with an excavator. While East Pierce firefighter-paramedics tended to his injuries, the rest of the East Pierce crews and law officers went in search of the two victims. "They were located 10-12 miles from Wilkeson, up a gravel road near a logging camp," East Pierce Assistant Chief James Jaques said. "Both patients were dead at the scene." The first patient was transported to a trauma center. Law enforcement is investigating the cause of the crash.