- Sheriff's Office: 'Debris appears to be that of an airplane'
- Hood Canal crash update: Debris believed to be from small plane
- Public Health closes Federal Way food establishment
- Karasek pleads not guilty to shooting and killing father
- Search continues for possible crashed airplane in Hood Canal | Update
- Hundreds rally for Seahawks at The Landing | SLIDESHOW
- Police searching for 'person of interest' after Saturday home invasion and attac...
- Ex-treasurer pleads not guilty to stealing Kent Little League funds
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Two killed, one injured at Wilkeson logging site
East Pierce Fire and Rescue responded to a crash at a logging site near Wilkeson Thursday night. At 10:47 p.m., a Wilkeson resident reported an injured man had come down from the woods saying he and two others had were in an accident with an excavator. While East Pierce firefighter-paramedics tended to his injuries, the rest of the East Pierce crews and law officers went in search of the two victims. "They were located 10-12 miles from Wilkeson, up a gravel road near a logging camp," East Pierce Assistant Chief James Jaques said. "Both patients were dead at the scene." The first patient was transported to a trauma center. Law enforcement is investigating the cause of the crash.