- Cougar sighted near Maywood Middle School
- Kent Regional Fire Authority investigating Covington house fire
- Young woman dies in hospital after accident with bus on Vashon Highway
- Employee stabs co-worker at north Kent business
- Kent City Council dumps proposal to pay for railroad-grade separations
- Microsoft eliminates 2,100 jobs today, including 747 in Washington state
- Kent Police confiscate $1.5 million worth of marijuana at vacant West Hill home
- Man pointing gun at women | Buckley Police
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Jovita Boulevard closed through Friday
Jovita Boulevard between West Valley Highway and 114th Avenue East will be closed for construction and paving work.
The closure began at 6 a.m. today and will continue until 6:30 a.m. Friday.
Roadblocks have been placed at 114th Avenue East and at West Valley Highway at the bottom of the hill leading up to Edgewood.
According to a City of Edgewood press release, the closure is a "necessary safety measure to allow construction workers and heavy equipment to safely complete planned construction and paving work on Jovita Boulevard."
The road is open for emergency and local access but other vehicles are advised to use alternate routes including:
• Edgewood Drive;
• Sumner Heights Drive;
• Chrisella Road;
• Meridian Avenue East; and
• State Route 167 to SR 512 to Meridian Avenue East.