- Woodmont K-8 evacuating due to smell of natural gas
- Walkout is in session: Teachers protest against the Legislature's lack of state...
- Rollover collision results in minor injuries at Avondale and 116th
- Metal object 6.5 pounds crashes through roof of Bothell home
- Northshore teachers walk out to protest inadequate state funding
- Kirkland teacher walk out to protest lack of state funding
- $1.14 million raised for 230 nonprofits in Kitsap Great Give
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Man crashes car into 911 Hildebrand building
An elderly man in a Lincoln LS accidentally drove his sedan into the 911 Hildebrand building just after 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.
The man was not hurt in the crash and declined medical aid.
The driver was on his way to a physical therapy appointment and started to park in the lot for the office building on Hildebrand Lane when his vehicle lurched forward and struck the outside of the building. Two windows were smashed and the building's brick facade was also broken up.
The building, which houses the offices of the Bainbridge Review and Kitsap Physical Therapy, was struck on the west side of the building where Bainbridge Island Ambulance Service is located.
The car crashed into the conference room of the ambulance service offices, leaving insulation, broken glass and bits of the wall strewn along one side of the room.
The crash shook the building and sounded like an explosion. Workers in the building left their offices to look for the source of the sound and quickly discovered the cause.