- Tukwila teenager suffers life-threatening knife wound in fight at Cascade View...
- Attorney fees and costs awarded to YarrowBay and Black Diamond by Court of Appea...
- Google donates more than $200,000 to provide wireless networks at two Kirkland...
- Covington House fire displaces family of four | Kent Regional Fire Authority
- Who will run city parks? Snoqualmie should seek manager for recreation, put park...
- Here comes the rain: Mount Si volleyball is undefeated | Photo Gallery
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Firefighters respond to explosions at gun collector’s Federal Way house
South King Fire and Rescue firefighters responded to loud explosions at a house in the 28500 block of 20th Ave. S. in Federal Way on Monday morning.
Ed Plumlee, the assistant chief with the fire district, said the first arriving units saw the house on fire and were met with more explosions.
Although the cause is still under investigation, Plumlee said one of the house occupants was a gun collector and had a lot of ammunition.
Set casings were found to have exploded in the front yard. A neighboring building to the north also sustained fire damage.
No injuries were reported.
“Fortunately, the three occupants of the house, when they heard the explosion, they exited the house,” Plumlee said. “They went to the neighbors and the four others in the house to the north also exited.”
Plumlee gave a “low estimate” of about $250,000 in damages to the homes, which have been deemed uninhabitable.