- Woman assaulted on Redmond Way, police working to identify suspect
- Federal Way school board to select new superintendent tonight
- Maple Valley man killed in early morning collision with Metro bus on SR 169
- Impounded vehicle may be connected to double-homicide in Bremerton
- Federal Way Councilman Moore drops out of 30th District race, endorses Hickel
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
UPDATE | Marysville Police arrest suspect in shooting incident
MARYSVILLE — At approximately 9 p.m. on Sunday, May 18, a 16-year-old Marysville boy was taken into custody for his involvement in a shooting incident that occurred at an apartment in east Marysville.
The suspect was arrested by the Marysville Police SWAT Team at a residence east of Cedarcrest Golf Course in Marysville.
The suspect is expected to be booked into the Denney Juvenile Justice Center for first-degree assault, third-degree assault and first-degree unlawful possession of a firearm.
"This arrest is only the beginning of the investigation," Marysville Police Cmdr. Robb Lamoureux said. "We will continue to develop information about the incident to determine what took place and who else may have been involved."
The victim was rushed to Providence Regional Medical Center by friends, with a gunshot wound to the neck, and officers were notified of the shooting by relatives of the victim just after 1 a.m. on May 18.
The victim, a 17-year-old Marysville boy, has since been airlifted to Harborview Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.