- Redmond City Council Vice President Allen seeks appointment to Rep. Hunter's sea...
- Vehicle reportedly hits pole in two-car accident on 164th Avenue Northeast
- Dump truck collision blocks Avondale Road southbound at N.E. Union Hill Road
- Kennydale neighborhood gets $185,000 flood control grant
- Three of five former Juanita football players plead down in sodomy case
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Bicyclist hit by pickup airlifted to Harborview
An Oak Harbor woman was airlifted Saturday evening to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle after she was struck on her bicycle by a pickup, according to Washington State Patrol reports.
Christina Bromme, 56, is being treated for injuries sustained in the accident.
At about 7:30 p.m., Taylor C. Evans, 23, of Coupeville, was traveling westbound on Bakken Road in Greenbank when the accident occurred. He was making a left turn into a private driveway when his 1997 Chevrolet S10 pickup struck Bromme, State Patrol Officer L. Provoncha reported.
Bromme was traveling eastbound on her bicycle. She was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
Drugs or alcohol may have been a factor in the accident, according to the State Patrol report. The cause was reported as failure to yield right of way.
Evans' pickup was impounded.