- Preliminary election results: Proposition 1 short of supermajority vote
- Sequim school bond falling short for fourth time
- Industrial Realty Group purchases Federal Way-based Weyerhaeuser property
- Election Update | South Kitsap school bond hangs in the balance
- Prop. 1 for new schools is passing on Bainbridge Island
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Man wanted by U.S. Marshals taken into custody by Kirkland police
An anonymous citizen called the Kirkland Police Department and said that a wanted Sex Offender, Kevin Crowder, was going to be in the area of Forbes Creek Drive in Kirkland at about 4 p.m. on May 11.
According to the caller, Crowder receives money and other items during this time as he is camping in a nearby wooded area. The caller saw Crowder on Washington’s Most Wanted, which prompted him to call police.
Crowder currently has two Federal Felony warrants for his arrest for failing to register as a sex offender. Kirkland patrol officers responded to the area and began their surveillance.
Officers observed Crowder at the location given by the caller around 4:30 p.m. and after a short foot pursuit Crowder was taken into custody. Crowder was later transported to the King County Jail without incident and will be turned over to the U.S. Marshals Department.