- Cougar sighted near Maywood Middle School
- Kent Regional Fire Authority investigating Covington house fire
- Young woman dies in hospital after accident with bus on Vashon Highway
- Employee stabs co-worker at north Kent business
- Kent City Council dumps proposal to pay for railroad-grade separations
- Microsoft eliminates 2,100 jobs today, including 747 in Washington state
- Kent Police confiscate $1.5 million worth of marijuana at vacant West Hill home
- Man pointing gun at women | Buckley Police
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Carnation's Stillwater Elementary locked down as precaution; One arrested
Police activity at nearby Lake Marcel prompted a brief lockdown at Stillwater Elementary School on Monday morning, April 21.
The lockdown was implemented out of an abundance of caution, said a King County Sheriff's spokesperson, but there was no threat at the school. Deputies were responding to a domestic violence incident in a nearby home.
King County Sheriff’s deputies apprehended a subject in the incident by noon. Police notified the school that the incident was over, ending the lockdown.