- Preliminary election results: Proposition 1 short of supermajority vote
- Sequim school bond falling short for fourth time
- Industrial Realty Group purchases Federal Way-based Weyerhaeuser property
- Election Update | South Kitsap school bond hangs in the balance
- Prop. 1 for new schools is passing on Bainbridge Island
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Kent apartment fire displaces mother, three children
A first-floor Kent apartment fire Monday morning displaced a mother and her three children in the 1600 block of West Smith Street.
No one was home at the time of the fire and the damage was limited to the one unit, according to a Kent Fire Department Regional Fire Authority media releas. Everyone in the two-story building evacuated initially, but were let back into their homes once the fire was brought under control.
Nobody was injured. Fire investigators have yet to determine a cause.
The fire was reported at about 8:55 a.m.
Red Cross and the apartment complex’s management will help the residents find a place to stay.