- 31st District Republican Pam Roach to pay back state for questionable expenses r...
- Transit board taps BNSF site in Bellevue as preferred option for rail yard
- Sno-Valley Senior Center invites public to meet director candidates
- 'Shake, Waddle and Roll' your way to River Days this weekend
- 17-year-old dies from stab wound from knife assault
- About Us
Connect with Us
Kent apartment fire displaces mother, three children
A first-floor Kent apartment fire Monday morning displaced a mother and her three children in the 1600 block of West Smith Street.
No one was home at the time of the fire and the damage was limited to the one unit, according to a Kent Fire Department Regional Fire Authority media releas. Everyone in the two-story building evacuated initially, but were let back into their homes once the fire was brought under control.
Nobody was injured. Fire investigators have yet to determine a cause.
The fire was reported at about 8:55 a.m.
Red Cross and the apartment complex’s management will help the residents find a place to stay.