- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
20-year-old woman killed in south Renton apartment
A 20-year-old Renton man called 911 late Saturday morning to report he had just killed his girlfriend in an apartment on South Eagle Ridge Drive and the apartment was booby trapped.
Detectives believe this is a case of domestic violence, according to Detective Robert Onishi, a spokesman for the Renton Police Department.
The King County Medical Examiner will release a formal identification of the 20-year-old victim and how she was killed.
The man, considered the only suspect in the homicide, was booked into the King County Jail for investigation of murder, domestic violence.
The Renton man called 911 at 11:50 a.m. Saturday to report he had killed his girlfriend, he was armed and he would be waiting outside his apartment in the 1300 block of South Eagle Ridge Drive, according to Onishi.
The man was outside when officers arrived but defied commands to stay where he was and ran back into the apartment, according to Onishi. He emerged later and surrendered without incident.
The woman was found dead inside the apartment.
Anyone with information relevant to the investigation is asked to call the Renton Police Department at 425-430-7500 and refer to case 2014-4063.