- Maplewood Park Apartments fire affects 15 units
- Kirkland's Heathman Hotel put up for sale
- Enumclaw man, Travis Lear, sentenced to 25 years for child molestation
- County council passes legislation creating regulations for Transportation Networ...
- Federal Way Council to vote on Public Health Center agreement with King County
- Man arrested after firing gun in suspected drug house
- Man shot twice in Federal Way; police searching for suspect
- Public exposure to measles at Federal Way hotel, Sea-Tac Airport
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
SUV crashes into Papa Murphy's
POULSBO — The front of the Poulsbo Papa Murphy's was destroyed when a car crashed through the window of the 7th Avenue store, April 10.
Poulsbo police and Poulsbo Fire were alerted to the crash at about 3 p.m., shortly after a Subaru Forester drove through the front windows of the Papa Murphy's.
"It didn't happen all at once, it was like a crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch, so it was going slow," said Mike Casad, who heard the crash while getting take-out at a nearby restaurant.
"It's amazing how powerful a vehicle is," he said.
There were two people in the vehicle. A witness was told the passenger sustained minor cuts to her hand. No other injuries were reported.
At least three employees were in the store when the crash occurred. The employees left the store minutes after the crash. They would not comment.
The store's windows and glass door, which face 7th Avenue, were shattered. A portion of the building's front foundation was damaged as well. The store leases the space from Poulsbo Village Management. Damage estimates were not immediately available.