- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Shooting in Arlington turns to homicide investigation
ARLINGTON — Shortly before 3 p.m. on Tuesday, April 8, the Arlington Police Department was dispatched to a residence in the 6800 block of 188th Street NE, for reports of an assault with a weapon. Upon arrival, officers discovered a 26-year-old Arlington woman with a gunshot wound to the head, and requested immediate medical attention by the Arlington Fire Department. The victim was transported by Arlington Fire personnel to the Arlington Municipal Airport, for airlift to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle by an awaiting Airlift Northwest helicopter.
Just before 3 a.m. on Wednesday, April 9, Arlington Police investigators were informed that the victim had passed away from injuries sustained in the shooting. Identification of the victim, as well as the cause and manner of her death, will be released by the Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office.
The investigation into the shooting is ongoing. Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call the Arlington Police Department or 911.