- Reported 'dead body' found to be misidentified tree trunks
- Kent Police drug bust seizes $400,000 cash; drugs worth $648,000
- Mayor proclaims state of city to be 'strong'
- Assefa-Dawson running to retain Federal Way Council seat
- Murrietta announces bid for Federal Way Council
- Haggen begins conversion of Redmond Albertsons this Sunday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Kirkland firefighters respond to hazmat incident
The Kirkland Fire Department, Eastside Hazmat Team and four other fire departments responded to a hazmat call during the early morning on Saturday in Kirkland.
The incident occurred in the 13900 block of NE 128 St. of Kirkland near the boundary with Redmond in an office park. The call came in to 911 at around 8:40 a.m. as a small fire at a laboratory.
Units from Redmond, Snohomish County Fire District 10, Bellevue and Woodinville also responded to the call.
The incident was under control by noon and the Washington State Department of Ecology is currently on the scene to assess the situation. There are no initial reports of injuries.
The Reporter will update this story when more information is available.