- Redmond City Council Vice President Allen seeks appointment to Rep. Hunter's sea...
- Vehicle reportedly hits pole in two-car accident on 164th Avenue Northeast
- Dump truck collision blocks Avondale Road southbound at N.E. Union Hill Road
- Kennydale neighborhood gets $185,000 flood control grant
- Three of five former Juanita football players plead down in sodomy case
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Kirkland man hits Kenmore woman, flees scene
A 53-year-old Kirkland man was arrested Friday after he struck and killed a woman in her 20s in the Inglewood neighborhood of Kenmore.
The woman was crossing the busy street from east to west when she was struck by the southbond car around 7 a.m. in the 16000 block of Juanita Drive Northeast. She was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center where she later died of her injuries, according to King County Sheriff's spokesperson Cindi West.
Witnesses told police that the Kirkland man pulled over after striking the woman but did not get out of his car and then left the scene.
About an hour later, the driver later called 911 to report that he thought he hit something because he saw damage on the front of his vehicle. The man also told the dispatcher that he got out of his car after the accident to check.
Detectives said they do not believe alcohol or drugs are a factor. The man from Kirkland was arrested and booked into the King County Jail for Felony Hit and Run.
The victim’s name will be withheld until released by the medical examiner’s office.
The accident blocked the road from NE 158th St. to NE 165th St. for about four hours.