- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Federal Way police nab sex offender wanted for armed robbery
Federal Way police detectives nabbed an escaped sex offender wanted for multiple counts of armed robbery after a standoff Tuesday night.
Detectives received a tip Tuesday that 29-year-old Stephen Paul Rodrigue was at at the Villa Capri apartments located at S. 286th St. and Military Road S. in Federal Way.
SWAT removed bystanders from the four units, surrounded the complex and after a brief standoff, a K-9 took down Rodrigue and police took him into custody, according to Cathy Schrock, Federal Way police spokesperson.
Federal Way detectives had identified Rodrigue from video footage retrieved from the 7-11 store, located at 28719 Military Road in Federal Way. He allegedly committed several robberies “snatch and grab” thefts at the 7-11 store, police said.
During these robberies and thefts, police said Rodrigue was armed with pepper spray, a knife and has used physical force. Rodriguez has also allegedly robbed pedestrians and has committed thefts at the nearby Safeway store at 28800 Military Road S.
Rodrigue is a convicted sex offender and he has an active felony Department of Corrections escape warrant.