- Enumclaw Street Fair schedule | Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Scottish Highland Games and Clan Gathering at Expo Center
- Multiple violations | Buckley Police News
- Emergency diaper drive today for Washington families affected by fires
- That was fun... Let's do it again! | SEAHAWKS SPECIAL SECTION
- Couple loses everything in fire except what they 'really care about'
- Sewage impacts Manchester beaches
- About Us
Connect with Us
Vote for your favorite in our new feature Kids Design-an-ad
Kids Design-an-Ad in today’s Renton Reporter is a new advertising feature.
We worked with seven teachers in the Renton School District to have their students design ads for businesses in Renton. The goal of this project was very simple. We presented the students with logos and addresses for the businesses and the kids used their artistic abilities to create an ad in a specific space.
It was fun for me to get a chance to go into the classes and talk to the kids about reading a newspaper and what goes into an ad.
This is a project that we hope to grow next year and have it as a yearly section that will build excitement as we go.
You can get involved by voting for your favorite ad. Go to rentonreporter.com and click on the “vote now” graphic and select your favorite. Voting is open until March 9. The winning ad’s creator will receive a pizza and frozen yogurt party for their entire class.
The kids are excited to see their ads in the newspaper. I hope you enjoy them and while you’re at it, thank the teachers who made it possible for their students to participate.
Highlands Elementary School: Dani Abramowitz, first grade; Cindy Gose, third grade; Andrea Johnson, fourth grade, and Andrea Gollob, fifth grade
Maplewood Heights Elementary School: Kalisa Amparo, third grade, and Ros Penk, fourth grade
Dimmitt Middle School: Angela Larsen, middle school art teacher .