- Woman assaulted on Redmond Way, police working to identify suspect
- Federal Way school board to select new superintendent tonight
- Maple Valley man killed in early morning collision with Metro bus on SR 169
- Impounded vehicle may be connected to double-homicide in Bremerton
- Federal Way Councilman Moore drops out of 30th District race, endorses Hickel
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Bulldogs beat Bremerton to take third in district, headed for state
UPDATE: The Bulldogs won 66-49. Regional tournament play is Feb. 28-March 1; the state tournament is the following weekend in Yakima.
The Foster boys basketball team plays for either third or fourth place in the 2A District 3 tournament today (Saturday) in Tacoma.
The Bulldogs play No. 2 seed Bremerton at 6:15 p.m. Saturday at Foss High School, 2112 S. Tyler St., Tacoma.
No matter the results Saturday, the Bulldogs will play in the regional tournament leading to the state tournament in Yakima March 6-8. Foster is the only team from the Seamount League headed to the state 2A tournament. The Bulldogs placed fourth in the league, with an 8-6 record.
Foster Principal Pat Larson sent an email Saturday morning to the coaching staff and team supporters, writing the team "has created quite a sensation among the alumni from Foster."
"I just wanted you to know how proud I am of the team and the coaching staff for bringing this group of boys to where they are now and bring back that sense of community to Foster," she wrote. "No matter where people live, they remember their experiences at Foster.
"Once a Bulldog, always a Bulldog!"