- Pierce County primary election results | Carbonado, Charter Review, Port
- Severns, Campbell moving ahead to general election
- Covington Water District primary election results
- Kent-area Primary election results chart
- Budell, Bhullar lead Kent City Council race | Primary Election
- Smith leads in Primary Election for Bainbridge Island School Board
- Former Algona Police Lt. Lee Gaskill charged with first-degree theft and abuse o...
- Federal Way, Centerstage Theatre reach tentative contract agreement | Update
- National Night Out is tonight at Tom Teasdale Park
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Foster boys play final sub-district game at home Friday night
Isaac Tucker, coach of the Foster High boys basketball team, has a word to describe his team: hungry.
That “hunger” resulted in an 8-6 record in Seamount League play and a trip to the sub-district tournament. The Bulldogs stumbled in the first two games, losing to Fife Tuesday, 65-43, and Sumner Thursday, 63-51. Both were away games.
The final sub-district game is 7 p.m. today (Friday) at Foster against Steilacoom, which lost to Lindbergh Thursday 76-71.
Win or lose Friday, the Bulldogs will play in next week's district tournament, held at high school gyms in Tacoma and at Pacific Lutheran University.
“I think the most special aspect of this team is having 10 guys who want to succeed on the court more than anything right now ... it drives them,” said Tucker.
There were growing pains along the way, he said.
“Their desire has kept them hungry, attentive and open to coaching during the downswings of the season,” he said.