- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Federal Way school board president steps down, leadership reshuffled again
The Federal Way Public Schools (FWPS) board of directors played leadership roulette again, as Danny Peterson stepped down as president on Tuesday, and Carol Gregory took his place following a 3-1 vote. Peterson said his life outside of the board forced his hand in stepping down from the president position.
“I would like to say that over the past several weeks, I have re-evaluated the roles and responsibilities of being board president, and with my priorities and commitment outside of the board, I realized I need to step down as board president,” he said. “I plan to remain on the board, but do not want the added responsibilities and obligations that come with being president.”
Following his announcement, Peterson motioned to nominate board member Claire Wilson as president. Board vice president Geoffrey McAnalloy proceeded to nominate Gregory for president. When it came time to vote, Peterson sided with Gregory, securing the position for the new board member.
This reshuffling follows two previous changes in the president position in the last five months. Board member Tony Moore stepped down from the president position in October after he ran into legal troubles in Oregon, at which time Wilson was nominated and approved as the president.
In the last meeting of 2013, with the swearing in of the new board members, McAnalloy nominated Peterson for president. That vote passed 3-0, with Wilson abstaining.