- Tacoma father charged for spiking son’s bottle with ketamine | Pierce County Pro...
- Kirkland firefighter's involvement in prostitution ring leads to arrest of alleg...
- Federal Way man accused of threatening to kill president competent to stand tria...
- That was fun... Let's do it again! | SEAHAWKS SPECIAL SECTION
- Enumclaw Street Fair schedule | Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Scottish Highland Games and Clan Gathering at Expo Center
- Multiple violations | Buckley Police News
- Emergency diaper drive today for Washington families affected by fires
- Couple loses everything in fire except what they 'really care about'
- Sewage impacts Manchester beaches
- About Us
Connect with Us
Gunman seriously injures Kent woman at her home
A gunman shot and seriously injured a 31-year-old Kent woman in her home at about 9:04 p.m. Sunday in the 24500 block of 104th Avenue Southeast.
Officers arrived at the house and found a woman with a gunshot wound to the head, according to a Kent Police media release on Monday. She was responsive and breathing. Paramedics stabilized the woman and transported her to a nearby medical facility for treatment. No one else was injured.
Gunshots were fired into the residence that housed multiple people, including children. Investigators do not know a motive for the shooting or have any suspect information.
“This incident could have easily been far more devastating,” detective Melanie Frazier said about the numerous people in the home.
The gunman fled the scene. Police are working to develop leads in the case.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call 911 or the Kent Police tip line at 253-856-5808.